Friday, August 2, 2013

Perry's Middle Leans Right


While I do agree for the most part with the student who authored the blog post titled, “Lets Meet in the Middle,” I think there are a few points that can be argued here. On one hand, I can certainly see how pro-choice supporters’ actions can be viewed as a bit extreme. However, given the circumstances these supporters face, I do sympathize with their situation. Anyone who faces a Texas-sized opposition to their cause would very likely kick and scream and wear all of the bells and whistles to try and impress upon them that it is a very sensitive and important issue that they are passionately fighting for.

The other point I’d like to argue is that in my opinion, this piece of legislation actually does have a drastic effect on abortions in the state of Texas. There will only be a handful of clinics who will pass the new standards and the rest will have to either pull a major overhaul or be put to rest. This in turn will leave the masses of women in Texas who seek abortion procedures only a few clinics to choose from, and with their high volume of patients, these clinics will have to turn the majority of them away.  

No comments: